Wednesday 1 October 2014

Tante Marie Pancake Recipe

Today I tested the first pancake recipe in the last post, the one by the supposedly famous French chef.

        

100g of Sugar
2 Eggs
200ml of Milk
100ml of Water

 

I had really high hopes for this recipe, given that it was suggested as the best pancake recipe by some top chefs. Unfortunately I was let down slightly.

















I topped them with golden syrup because it is something that is easily quantifiable in the sense that you can see how much you put on, whereas this isn't the case with something like lemon juice. Doing this means I can better compare the recipes.

I was disappointed with them when eating them in a stack, because they seemed quite stodgy, slightly more so than the usual pancakes I make, which doesn't really have a recipe as I tend to measure it by eye. When eating them individually however, I thought they were better than usual as they were quite fluffy. I imagine the effect of piling them on top of each other takes away from this. My housemate and flat mate from last year was around at the time, I gave him some to try, and he agreed with me, but thought that they were slightly better than my own mix.

Whilst he was there, I gave him some with caramel ice cream on them as that had gone far in the previous section of the project.
















He agreed that it was really nice and said that the difference in temperature between the hot pancakes and the cold ice cream was surprisingly nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment